DINNER RECIPE: Buckwheat Crepes with Sundried Tomato & Walnut Pesto, Spinach, Roasted Cauliflower and Parmeson and Cheddar
1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
Salt & pepper
1/4 cup buckwheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk (any type)
1 tbsp butter
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup sundried tomato & walnut pesto (available at the grocery store)
1/4 cup parmeson
1/4 cup cheddar
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss chopped cauliflower with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread evenly on baking sheet and cook 20 minutes.
2. Melt butter in bowl and then combine with buckwheat flour, all-purpose flour, egg, salt and milk. Stir briskly and let sit 20 minutes.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp of olive oil and spread over skillet with paper towel so evenly distributed.
4. Lift pan off heat and pour 1/4 cup of batter in the middle swirling the pan quickly to have it disperse evenly on the bottom. After about one minute, take a spatula around the rim and then flip over. Cook another 30 seconds. Repeat with remaining batter (makes about 2 crepes).
5. In center of each crepe, layer the pesto, spinach and cauliflower and then fold over. Sprinkle with cheese. BON APPETIT!