As you have probably noticed, Explore*Handmade has been quiet for the past few months. Some family issues that arose over the holidays combined with a switch to a new job, has prevented me from bringing you more of the best of handmade. However, as spring approaches, I am happy to announce that Explore*Handmade will return with a few changes:
* My goal is to post a few times throughout the week rather than several times a day. This is due to job demands as well as an attempt to “unplug” from this blog, which although I adore it, can take time away from actually living life and doing handmade activities.
* Posts will likely have less text given time constraints as well as feedback that the more important thing is to highlight great handmade goods, which of course, will continue to be special and excellent.
* I would appreciate hearing from my readers about what posts inspire you and what you would like to see to give you more of what you want from my blog.
* I will not be importing all blog posts onto the accompanying Pinterest, Facebook and Twitter accounts as I have previously done for the reasons discussed in the first bullet above. I will occassionally update these other forums but would like the blog to be the epicenter of seeing great handmade goods.
* Unfortunately, given the demands of my job, I cannot do feature articles of artists at this time as I had hoped simply because I do not think I have time to do justice to the great work they are producing and providing great content for these types of posts. This may change in the future, but this is the current policy. I will continue however to post artists work that I admire who reach out to me to be featured if it is a good fit.
I know consistency in posting is important to readers and for the last few months that has not been the case. With the changes above, I hope in the future to consistently bring you amazing handmade goods and for you to continue reading Explore*Handmade and supporting the handmade movement!